Information about volunteer opportunities for health care providers in third world countries :
- Doctors Without Borders(MSF): Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization created by doctors and journalists in France in 1971. Today, MSF provides aid in nearly 60 countries to people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe, primarily due to armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, exclusion from health care, or natural disasters
- Health Volunteers Overseas(HVO): HVO is a network of health care professionals, organizations, corporations and donors united in a common commitment to improving global health through education.
- CURE International: CURE International transforms the lives of disabled children and their families in the developing world through medical and spiritual healing, serving all by establishing specialty teaching hospitals, building partnerships, and advocating for these children.
- Operation Smile: Operation Smile provides free surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities for children around the globe.
- Mercy Ships: Mercy Ships is a global charity that has operated hospital ships in developing nations since 1978. Mercy Ships brings hope and healing to the forgotten poor by mobilizing people and resources worldwide, and serving all people without regard for race, gender, or religion.
- For a more complete list of opportunities with both religious and non-religious medical missions, click here